Bar Graphs & Circle Graphs
Students in Homeroom 201 recently completed Everyday Mathematics Lesson 5.9: Bar and Circle Graphs.
Students learned about the important key features of bar and circle graphs.
Student goals of the lesson included:
1. Define and use key vocabulary words [bar graph, circle (pie) graph].
2. Compare and contrast features of graphs.
3. Create a bar graph for a data set.
As an extension, students incorporated technology into their learning.
1. Students wrote a survey question with 3-5 possible choices.
2. Students asked 10 or more people to answer their survey.
3. Students recorded answers with a tally system and totaled up the votes.
4. Students went to the website, MrNussbaum's Poll Genius, and entered their information/data and created instant bar and circle graphs.